George Charles Garman 09/09/09 to 01/29/10

January 29, 2010 our world was turned upside down when our 4 month old little boy earned his wings after a battle with Mitochondrial Disease and awoke in the Lords loving arms.

"Life can not be measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

George's Guardian's of Grace Projects

Stocking project is now in full force collecting donations. We have a list of the items we can use. You can also choose to sponsor a stocking in memory or honor of someone else. We will include a paragraph or two in the cards we place in the stockings to let the recipient know about the person that means so much to you. Our paypal account is posted on this page and ready to take donations. Email us for a list of items needed or with any questions or information you would like included on a sponsored stocking/donation.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Your Only Christmas


I have been thinking so much of you lately. We were blessed to have one Christmas with you. I remember all the time leading up to the day. Our family had matching pajamas and you actually fell asleep while we were opening gifts. The weeks coming before were ones full of planning since the day following Christmas day, we were headed to Florida for our first trip to Disney as a family. Those days were the happiest I had during your life. The picture above was one of my favorite and I remember getting on the floor with you to take your picture. Life without you is so hard, especially the holidays when we did have you. The only thing that I think of was that time you were with us. So often my memories feel more like a dream rather than a memory. Our time with you was so brief that it just seems so unreal. I miss you with all my heart. It is so hard for me to just get up and move through the days sometimes. Today I just couldn't keep my eyes open and slept a good portion of the day and could probably have slept more had your siblings not been here. Our lives without you have become so very different than I had ever thought or planned. Random things will make me think of you and I just cry. The past few nights I have just felt the need to cry myself to sleep. I miss you so much and there are days that the pain feels as if it is unbearable. There are many moments I am overwhelmed but there rare also moments of sheer thankfulness for God letting me be your mommy and to have 9 months with you to myself along with the time you were here with us after you were born. It is so hard sometimes to think that I knew you longer in my womb than I did in my arms. I was so blessed to be your mommy and wish I had you here with me longer. Please know you are not forgotten, even if everyone else forgets, I won't and I will always keep your memory alive as long as I am breathing. I hope heaven is all that it is said to be and that we get to be together again someday. You are truly my kindred spirit and just knew my soul in a way that no one else ever has and ironically you never even spoke a word! Merry Christmas little monkey, I love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Tributes/Celebration of Life Footage


Here is a link to a video tribute that was made by Richard's dad in memory of George. Get out your tissues!


http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1360981185308&ref=mf



We Finally have footage from the service up and running:



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368692138077&ref=mf



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368733099101



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368770540037



http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1368789060500



It is in 4 sections running about 17 mins each. If you were unable to attend, you can now see what you missed. We were so blessed to have everyone there with us in person and in spirit!









Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle

Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle