George Charles Garman 09/09/09 to 01/29/10

January 29, 2010 our world was turned upside down when our 4 month old little boy earned his wings after a battle with Mitochondrial Disease and awoke in the Lords loving arms.

"Life can not be measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

George's Guardian's of Grace Projects

Stocking project is now in full force collecting donations. We have a list of the items we can use. You can also choose to sponsor a stocking in memory or honor of someone else. We will include a paragraph or two in the cards we place in the stockings to let the recipient know about the person that means so much to you. Our paypal account is posted on this page and ready to take donations. Email us for a list of items needed or with any questions or information you would like included on a sponsored stocking/donation.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

It's Official 2/29/12

Today I got the news that George's name has finally been added to the wall at our church where part of his ashes were buried. Two years and one month to the very day from the day he died it is finally goes on the wall. It went to only prove it is in God's time and not ours. Our deacon emailed me with an apology about how long it took and how she was sorry about it all. Before I even knew the date, I just sat there thinking that it won't change the fact he is dead and has been two years so why does it really matter? Why was it such a big deal to me?

The next thing I thought about was this kid always wanted to remind me of him. Before he died I would say he knew he was number 4 so he chose 09/09/09 as his birthday so I would never forget. When he died he died of course on the 29th which has been come to be known with our family for the days of major loss. The next thing that comes to mind after wondering why it was a big deal was surely about his timing. I thought that little turkey wanted me to remember the day his name went on the wall too with it being a leap year...then wham...another stupid 29! I chuckled to myself of course after some massive crying, our deacon is apologizing and little did she know it was God's time but not ours. If I ever doubted it before...God calls the shots!

Since my last post a lot has changed for me and although not all fixed I am in much better spirits and have come to terms more with his death and God along with myself. I've done a lot of soul searching and shed more tears than anyone could possibly count. There is a lot to be said about it all but being so emotionally wiped out for the day that it will be another day that I feel more up to tackling that mountain. I just had to share with everyone who follows us the news of his name going up and for those who may be nonbelievers that there is surely something greater out there than we are and my son is true proof of that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Tributes/Celebration of Life Footage


Here is a link to a video tribute that was made by Richard's dad in memory of George. Get out your tissues!


http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1360981185308&ref=mf



We Finally have footage from the service up and running:



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368692138077&ref=mf



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368733099101



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368770540037



http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1368789060500



It is in 4 sections running about 17 mins each. If you were unable to attend, you can now see what you missed. We were so blessed to have everyone there with us in person and in spirit!









Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle

Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle