George Charles Garman 09/09/09 to 01/29/10

January 29, 2010 our world was turned upside down when our 4 month old little boy earned his wings after a battle with Mitochondrial Disease and awoke in the Lords loving arms.

"Life can not be measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

George's Guardian's of Grace Projects

Stocking project is now in full force collecting donations. We have a list of the items we can use. You can also choose to sponsor a stocking in memory or honor of someone else. We will include a paragraph or two in the cards we place in the stockings to let the recipient know about the person that means so much to you. Our paypal account is posted on this page and ready to take donations. Email us for a list of items needed or with any questions or information you would like included on a sponsored stocking/donation.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Heavy Heart

Tonight my heart is heavy as the very last night I spent with you runs through my mind. I miss those days where I got to hold you and play with you. Putting you to bed for the last time is a constant reminder of how precious life really is to me. I realized the other day I stopped putting the sign of the cross and saying "angels watch over you" on all your siblings foreheads since the day you died. I happened to go to do it to Joshua out of my old habit and realized how long it had been since I did it and it just made memories flood my mind of that night when I did that to you and how angry I am that God stole you in the night. I know deep down that really isn't the case but at times that is how it seems. I will never forget the music that played in the room that night and how you looked up at me with that sad little look that I was putting you to bed but then you just put your head down. I realized I had forgotten to bless you and went back to make sure I did it. It was the last time I would do that while you were alive. My heart just aches and is so very heavy with the memories of that night...they are so precious to me and yet bring back such pain and hurt. I just hate it all...this isn't fair that anyone should hurt like this...I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy and would give anything to have you back and for the pain to be gone. I try every single day to keep it together and am really working hard on learning how to live again but it is so hard and so exhausting. Everyone wants me to move on and I know I have to but it isn't easy and just hurts so bad. Even when tears don't fill my eyes they fill my heart and my heart just cries out in such agony over our loss of you. I hear about this little girl who I know is your age and being mistreated and it just hurts so bad and every part of me just wants to take her and love her like we would have loved you if you were here but we can't and it isn't our place but just hearing about it tears me apart inside...it isn't fair that you were so loved and are gone and yet this child suffers...I will never understand God's logic and if anything ever makes you question God, these are the things that do. Know that I love you with all my heart and I think of you all the time even when I don't show it to the rest of the world, my heart knows and feels your presence even if you aren't here you will always be in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Tributes/Celebration of Life Footage


Here is a link to a video tribute that was made by Richard's dad in memory of George. Get out your tissues!


http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1360981185308&ref=mf



We Finally have footage from the service up and running:



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368692138077&ref=mf



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368733099101



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368770540037



http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1368789060500



It is in 4 sections running about 17 mins each. If you were unable to attend, you can now see what you missed. We were so blessed to have everyone there with us in person and in spirit!









Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle

Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle