George Charles Garman 09/09/09 to 01/29/10

January 29, 2010 our world was turned upside down when our 4 month old little boy earned his wings after a battle with Mitochondrial Disease and awoke in the Lords loving arms.

"Life can not be measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

George's Guardian's of Grace Projects

Stocking project is now in full force collecting donations. We have a list of the items we can use. You can also choose to sponsor a stocking in memory or honor of someone else. We will include a paragraph or two in the cards we place in the stockings to let the recipient know about the person that means so much to you. Our paypal account is posted on this page and ready to take donations. Email us for a list of items needed or with any questions or information you would like included on a sponsored stocking/donation.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Is This Real?

So many times I sit here and trudge through the day trying to make the best of it. I have been working hard on the upcoming funraiser that the boys have wanted to do in George's memory. For the longest time I have been putting off work on the web page. I could not figure out why in the world it was just being put off over and over again. It was basically there but it just wasn't what I was looking for(I'm a perfectionist by nature)

Last night I finally sat down and bit the bullet to revamp the site. By the end of the night I was finally happy with the whole thing. If you get a chance or want to make a donation or find out more about events please visit it www.komfortforkidzcampaign.blogspot.com This afternoon I realized I needed to add a direct donation page to the web page for people who may want to just make a direct donation.

As I sat there adding the page, I realized that I didn't have the sound turned off. One of the songs that has always touched me was Remember Me. Every single time I hear it I cry and it was just fitting as I sat there working on this project. I sat there looking at his pictures on the page listening to the song and I just cried. At times I wonder if he was ever here and then other times I wonder if this is real and will I ever wake up. The emotions that come with the loss of a child are so random and extremely strong and a roller coaster from moment to moment. Every mom I know goes through the same things and you know they come but when they do many times you are just so completely unprepared. It was like looking at those pictures I remember the moments as if they were happening. I could feel him and smell his skin and his gentle touch...God how I miss them so much. You never know how much those things mean to you until you no longer have them.

On another note, I do have a prayer request. A friend of mine from high school is taking her son for a biopsy tomorrow. She is very nervous and scared on many levels. I know her worry all to well and the fears she carries with her. Nothing makes those moments easy when it is your child you watch suffer through something they just don't understand and you feel like you are the one who chose it for them. He is going in tomorrow early in the morning so please keep them in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Tributes/Celebration of Life Footage


Here is a link to a video tribute that was made by Richard's dad in memory of George. Get out your tissues!


http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1360981185308&ref=mf



We Finally have footage from the service up and running:



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368692138077&ref=mf



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368733099101



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368770540037



http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1368789060500



It is in 4 sections running about 17 mins each. If you were unable to attend, you can now see what you missed. We were so blessed to have everyone there with us in person and in spirit!









Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle

Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle