George Charles Garman 09/09/09 to 01/29/10

January 29, 2010 our world was turned upside down when our 4 month old little boy earned his wings after a battle with Mitochondrial Disease and awoke in the Lords loving arms.

"Life can not be measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

George's Guardian's of Grace Projects

Stocking project is now in full force collecting donations. We have a list of the items we can use. You can also choose to sponsor a stocking in memory or honor of someone else. We will include a paragraph or two in the cards we place in the stockings to let the recipient know about the person that means so much to you. Our paypal account is posted on this page and ready to take donations. Email us for a list of items needed or with any questions or information you would like included on a sponsored stocking/donation.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Missing My Little Monkey






I have not been able to really find it in myself to update this page in almost a week. My heart has just been so heavy lately although I do not show it. I've tried to keep myself busy and not think about the immense pain that I carry in my heart right now. I'm exhausted on all fronts and am just about able to survive the days as they pass.

Richard's birthday was a very difficult day for me since it was the day last year that we took our very last family picture. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal but it truly was heartbreaking. We will never have a family picture with all our children in it EVER. The thought of that makes the knot in my throat that holds back tears harder to choke down with every thought and breath I take. Each day inches us closer to the end of our first lasts...what is left after that other than pain and great sadness? It just gives others another reason to feel that we are doing something else wrong by feeling as if we should be moving on with life.

I believe that you move forward but not on for many reasons but because you have no choice in the matter. If it had been up to me I would have crawled in that hole with my son the day he left, as would just about every single other parent that has said goodbye to their child to soon. I don't want this pain or sorrow in my heart but somehow it is the only thing left of him along with the memories of him but everything else just isn't the same anymore. It isn't that I don't find joy in things and am grateful for all that I have, however none of it is ever going to be the same and will always carry some sort of sadness or yearning to have him here.

I miss him so much and would give anything to have him back but know I can't and I don't have any say in it at all. That being said we have to still live and try to do our best at finding a way to do it with this forever sadness that we will always have. That in its own right is probably the hardest part. It wasn't suppose to be like this, my life was not suppose to turn out this way, why? I don't know why and the prospect of the rest of our lives being this way is just so sad and overwhelming.

Part of it is definitely hard with Gabrielle looking a lot like her big brother. On a regular basis I don't think much of it but as I look at pictures there is no denying it at all. There will be a day when she no longer looks like him because he never passed 143days of life. It will leave me wondering how much he would have looked like her instead her looking like him. Wondering what he would look like or be doing is not something that can ever be escaped. There are kids that were born around the same day that I watch growing up but not my son, he will forever be a little boy to me. I will always be missing my little monkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Tributes/Celebration of Life Footage


Here is a link to a video tribute that was made by Richard's dad in memory of George. Get out your tissues!


http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1360981185308&ref=mf



We Finally have footage from the service up and running:



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368692138077&ref=mf



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368733099101



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368770540037



http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1368789060500



It is in 4 sections running about 17 mins each. If you were unable to attend, you can now see what you missed. We were so blessed to have everyone there with us in person and in spirit!









Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle

Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle