George Charles Garman 09/09/09 to 01/29/10

January 29, 2010 our world was turned upside down when our 4 month old little boy earned his wings after a battle with Mitochondrial Disease and awoke in the Lords loving arms.

"Life can not be measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

George's Guardian's of Grace Projects

Stocking project is now in full force collecting donations. We have a list of the items we can use. You can also choose to sponsor a stocking in memory or honor of someone else. We will include a paragraph or two in the cards we place in the stockings to let the recipient know about the person that means so much to you. Our paypal account is posted on this page and ready to take donations. Email us for a list of items needed or with any questions or information you would like included on a sponsored stocking/donation.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Already Taken Care Of

Tonight I had a moment where I knew that no matter what we will be taken care of no matter the outcome. Yesterday I found out that Richard's biggest problem with moving is that he feels like we are leaving George behind. This is the only house that any of us have memories with him and moving is to all of us like we can't take him with us and we are leaving him here. I know that feeling and it just breaks my heart every single time I have to think of this.

I sat there with him trying to think of things that would help him with the transition and help him to know that George will always be with us no matter where we are. We came up with a few different ideas. One happened to be to see if the woman who made me a memorial quilt, to see if we could get her to make one for the boys. It is so beautiful and brings so much comfort, I cannot even explain, it was made of his baby clothes and when I miss him most, I wrap myself in it. The boys call it mommy's special blanket.

Today I sat down and emailed her to ask her for the favor. We don't have any more of his clothes left over since we sent them down to Sough America to cloth refugees babies at our sister church there. I figured I could email her pictures of the boys with George and she could print them out and maybe use the boys favorite colors to make the quilt and I would buy the fabric if needed. Here are the emails that we shared:

Just wanted to let you know I am still waiting on those other families about the memorial quilts. I was however going to ask a favor of you for my boys. Hugh and I are loosing our house and right now are working on moving over to my parents house. The kids are excited but their biggest problem is the fact that they are sad since this is the only place they have memories of their brother. As I was sitting there thinking of a way to help them with the transition, I was thinking of the quilt that you made for me. I was wondering if you would be willing to make one for the boys with pictures that I have of them with their brother. I could get the fabric if you want, I would just need to know what exactly you need. If it is too much to do three of them I totally understand and really need one for my oldest son who is having the hardest time with it all since his comprehension is much different than his younger brothers. I can email you pictures of the boys with George to add to it, but anything you can do would be greatly appreciated, if you can't I totally understand and will find another way to help them through all of this. Thank you for everything.
Nicole Garman

Funny you should write this.... I have a box here I was going to send to your family.
It has a quilt for Gabrielle made from left over fabric from George's quilt, I then used all the rest for a pillow with all there names on it... Plus I added 3 pieces of fabric for them to use crayons on and be creative then would make each of them a quilt from the fabric with there art work on it. Just let me know if that will help. You know what ever I can do for ya'll I will. Let me know your new address and I will send this box out.
Michelle

I cannot tell you how I was taken back by her email. God had already known we were going to need these things. There is no coincidence in this and I know it in my heart. Tears just rolled from my eyes and I sat there just crying. I couldn't really tell you exactly why I was crying but I think it was for a whole lot of things all at once. I think it was for the pain of loosing George, the sadness that my kids have to carry, and the joy and solace I found in knowing that this was something in the works even before I even knew I needed it. It was all just so overwhelming.

Michael came in and saw the tears. He looked up at me and asked me why I was crying. I told him that I missed George and that my heart just hurt. He looked up at me with that childlike innocence and pointed up to the sky and said "Don't worry mommy, he is ok, he is safe up there God is taking care of him!" What do you say to that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Tributes/Celebration of Life Footage


Here is a link to a video tribute that was made by Richard's dad in memory of George. Get out your tissues!


http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1360981185308&ref=mf



We Finally have footage from the service up and running:



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368692138077&ref=mf



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368733099101



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368770540037



http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1368789060500



It is in 4 sections running about 17 mins each. If you were unable to attend, you can now see what you missed. We were so blessed to have everyone there with us in person and in spirit!









Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle

Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle