George Charles Garman 09/09/09 to 01/29/10

January 29, 2010 our world was turned upside down when our 4 month old little boy earned his wings after a battle with Mitochondrial Disease and awoke in the Lords loving arms.

"Life can not be measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

George's Guardian's of Grace Projects

Stocking project is now in full force collecting donations. We have a list of the items we can use. You can also choose to sponsor a stocking in memory or honor of someone else. We will include a paragraph or two in the cards we place in the stockings to let the recipient know about the person that means so much to you. Our paypal account is posted on this page and ready to take donations. Email us for a list of items needed or with any questions or information you would like included on a sponsored stocking/donation.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Forever More by Nicole Garman

I was hard at work so later we could play
that's what I was doing that fateful day.

Suddenly I heard panic footsteps across the floor
The life I knew was then gone forever more.

Your daddy handed you to me
He was hoping I could save you, in his eyes that was all I could see.

On the counter I laid you
I tried to breath life back into your body, praying with daddy too.


I knew you were gone , but I tried with all my might
Deep in my heart I knew God had come in the dark of the night

Trying all we knew how to do, we made that call.
Your big brothers were there we couldn't stop it all.

To the hospital you were rushed,
We got there to see a busy room so hushed.

Time seemed to fly.
I had to keep it together and not cry.

They turned and ask if we wanted to hold your hand.
With that I knew, and at your bedside we came to stand.

Daddy still had hope in his heart,
Just then the doctors confirmed what I knew from the start.

God's angels had came to take you home
On Earth your time was short with only a while to roam.

I did not want to leave you and held you tight.
I prayed this was a nightmare and I would wake from this fright.

We baptized your little body knowing God loved you too.
Everyone was there and just didn't know what to do.

Empty handed we went home and saw your empty bed,
The events of the day just running through our head.

You would never return to live with us here.
We were now living every parents worst fear.

People came to support us and tried their best.
Little did they know our hearts from then on would never find rest.

We mad all the arrangements like we knew we must do,
We tried to make your "party" just beautiful for you!

One last time, we got to say our farewell
Signing those papers was like being in hell.

Alone in that room with you I sang you one last lullaby
It broke my heart to finish it and know I had to say goodbye.

The church was full of family, friends and monkeys, so many
No service was more beautiful, not any.

Outside we laid your ashes in the ground,
As I placed them there myself, no one made a sound.

It was my job as your mommy to finish walking you home,
So that your spirit in heaven could forever roam.

I know I will see you again some day
I cannot wait to get there so we can play.

Our lives are never going to be the way we thought it would.
I would have given my life for you, if only I could.

I could not save you, nor can I bring you back
Effort and love are not something we lack.

God's plans for you were grater than ours
Until we can get there play among the stars.

You will always be in our hearts for love forever remains,
Our love is just now shown through tear stains.

Each little drop is an I love you, kiss, or tight little hug,
we would be giving you if you were here in our arms like a bug in a rug.

We cannot do that so the tears forever flow
It's our way of showing our love and letting you know.

So little boy as your spirit does soar,
Know you are loved and in our hearts forever more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Tributes/Celebration of Life Footage


Here is a link to a video tribute that was made by Richard's dad in memory of George. Get out your tissues!


http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1360981185308&ref=mf



We Finally have footage from the service up and running:



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368692138077&ref=mf



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368733099101



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368770540037



http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1368789060500



It is in 4 sections running about 17 mins each. If you were unable to attend, you can now see what you missed. We were so blessed to have everyone there with us in person and in spirit!









Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle

Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle