George Charles Garman 09/09/09 to 01/29/10

January 29, 2010 our world was turned upside down when our 4 month old little boy earned his wings after a battle with Mitochondrial Disease and awoke in the Lords loving arms.

"Life can not be measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

George's Guardian's of Grace Projects

Stocking project is now in full force collecting donations. We have a list of the items we can use. You can also choose to sponsor a stocking in memory or honor of someone else. We will include a paragraph or two in the cards we place in the stockings to let the recipient know about the person that means so much to you. Our paypal account is posted on this page and ready to take donations. Email us for a list of items needed or with any questions or information you would like included on a sponsored stocking/donation.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

In Loving Memory of my Nephew Gavin

Two years ago today, my sister had to say goodbye to her son Gavin at almost 12 weeks gestation. I will never forget the day I was blessed to lay eyes on that sweet little boy with his heart blinking on the screen. To this day I will never forget it and what my sister had to go through after finding out that he had a rare disorder, Pentology of Cantrel. My heart broke for her and her family the day we all found out the news.

I thank God for that little boy every single day, because I believe he was sent here to help us through George's death. He gave my whole family a brief taste of what was about to happen so that when George died I was not alone in my grief and it didn't hit as hard as it could have. Gavin gave my sister a deeper understanding of my loss than anyone else has. We have become very close through our losses. I know often times she feels as if her loss has no comparison to mine but I believe that it is just as bad and I feel that both of our boys lives were as important as the others. Gavin was my saving grace and I find some peace and solace knowing that George is not alone in heaven and gets to have a relationship like my sister and I both have.

I like to think that our boys are waiting for us to return to heaven...it will be so glorious!!! We have two little monkeys waiting for us and I am so glad they have one another while they wait. Please keep my sister and her family in your prayers today.




"Dearest Mommy..."

Dearest Mommy,
When you wonder the meaning of life and love
Know that I am with you.
Close your eyes and feel me kissing you
in the gentle breeze on your cheek.

When you begin to doubt that you shall ever see me again
Quiet your mind and hear me,
I am in the whisper of the heavens
Speaking of your love.

When you lose your identity,
When you question who you are and where you are going
Open your heart and see me.
I am the twinkle in the stars smiling down upon you
Lighting the path for your journey.

When you awaken each morming
Not remembering your dreams
But feeling content and serene
Know that I was with you-
Filling your nights with thoughts of me.

When you linger in the remnant pain,
Wholeness seeming unfamiliar,
Think of me and
Know that I am with you.
Touching you through the shared tears of a gentle friend,
Easing the pain.

As the sunrise illuminates the desert sky
In the breathtaking glory, awaken your spirit.
Think of our time, all too brief, but ever brilliant,
When you were certain of us, together
When you were certain of your destiny.

Know that God created that moment in time,
Just for us
Dearest Mommy, I am with you always

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Tributes/Celebration of Life Footage


Here is a link to a video tribute that was made by Richard's dad in memory of George. Get out your tissues!


http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1360981185308&ref=mf



We Finally have footage from the service up and running:



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368692138077&ref=mf



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368733099101



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368770540037



http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1368789060500



It is in 4 sections running about 17 mins each. If you were unable to attend, you can now see what you missed. We were so blessed to have everyone there with us in person and in spirit!









Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle

Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle