George Charles Garman 09/09/09 to 01/29/10

January 29, 2010 our world was turned upside down when our 4 month old little boy earned his wings after a battle with Mitochondrial Disease and awoke in the Lords loving arms.

"Life can not be measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

George's Guardian's of Grace Projects

Stocking project is now in full force collecting donations. We have a list of the items we can use. You can also choose to sponsor a stocking in memory or honor of someone else. We will include a paragraph or two in the cards we place in the stockings to let the recipient know about the person that means so much to you. Our paypal account is posted on this page and ready to take donations. Email us for a list of items needed or with any questions or information you would like included on a sponsored stocking/donation.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Joshua's 5th Birthday

Today was Josh's big day! He made it to 5! That was such a monumental event since that was what Dr. Hirsch always told me to get to with him/Mito kids. The very thought that you didn't make it to 5 months just makes my heart want to cry. I am grateful for him and the time we had with you but I really hate this disease and the havoc and lack of knowledge that comes with it. Every day I pray that something will happen so that other parents don't have to know the pain I live every day. Before you were gone I worried all the time that I would wake up to one of you dead and my worst nightmare came true that morning you left us.

I kept myself busy most of the day in the kitchen and running around. It came to presents and I had to give that job to daddy. The thought that you weren't there to be helping Josh open them just broke my heart and I couldn't do it no matter how bad I wanted to. He misses you so much and it just hurts more to know how much he misses you and how I can't fix that hole in his heart. God did he love you and still does! He was so mad at God the other day, he started waving his fist in the air telling him that he missed you and that he was not happy he took you but that he better take care of you. Every part of me wanted to cry but boy could we all learn a lesson from him. I think in many ways that is why he tells us we must come as child to Him.

The day went well and everyone had a good time. I was so proud of your big brother for wanting his party to be something special. You had a party hat on your urn...he had to make sure you were part of the day..and also a lei in front of it and two on your picture! I really don't know what I would do without him sometimes, in many ways it is your brothers that keep me going. Every day they teach me something new. I don't know many 5 year olds that will give up their birthday gifts(although people did bring him some) in order to honor their little brother's memory. I don't know if he really understood what he was really doing but I know he was so excited to do it. We got a bag of donations and some money to send to Comfort Zone to help other kids who have lost family members. Josh can't wait until he is old enough to go!

Once everyone left, I took a shower and just cried over the fact that you were not here today. It was so hard for me on so many levels. I do however know that life goes on and that I will somehow make it through every day until my job is done. It doesn't mean that it will be easy and there will not be a day that doesn't go by where I don't miss you. On so many levels you have changed my life. Asked to do it all again and know what I know now and how hard and terrible it would be to live life after you were gone, I would still tell God I would take you:o) I love you that much and would walk the world for you even though you were here briefly. Please watch over your big brothers they love you and miss you...you are forever in their hearts too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Tributes/Celebration of Life Footage


Here is a link to a video tribute that was made by Richard's dad in memory of George. Get out your tissues!


http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1360981185308&ref=mf



We Finally have footage from the service up and running:



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368692138077&ref=mf



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368733099101



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368770540037



http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1368789060500



It is in 4 sections running about 17 mins each. If you were unable to attend, you can now see what you missed. We were so blessed to have everyone there with us in person and in spirit!









Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle

Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle