George Charles Garman 09/09/09 to 01/29/10

January 29, 2010 our world was turned upside down when our 4 month old little boy earned his wings after a battle with Mitochondrial Disease and awoke in the Lords loving arms.

"Life can not be measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

George's Guardian's of Grace Projects

Stocking project is now in full force collecting donations. We have a list of the items we can use. You can also choose to sponsor a stocking in memory or honor of someone else. We will include a paragraph or two in the cards we place in the stockings to let the recipient know about the person that means so much to you. Our paypal account is posted on this page and ready to take donations. Email us for a list of items needed or with any questions or information you would like included on a sponsored stocking/donation.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Patch






Well, I posted the other day how upset I was when I came across the hole my husband put in the wall the day George died. It had also upset me to see the lonely flower stem that was suppose to be turned into a flower with my little boys hand-prints. After much thought and contemplation, I could not bear to leave that stem empty but could not put the new baby's hands there since it was meant for George. I also could not even think of fixing the whole just for the weird sort of symbolism it happens to have.

I went online and started to look for something large enough to cover up the hole without really having to get rid of it. Low and behold, a few minutes into my search I found exactly what I was looking for...it was perfect! I still hadn't figured out the flower part but I was not worried and just ordered the piece figuring the rest would come in time. Today it came in. I am posting a picture of it. The little boys and I put it up and you would never know unless you happen to really know there is a hole behind it. As I was working on that, it came to me what to do with the flower stem.

Curious George now covers the hole and is being carried away by balloons from the world below...how fitting! I sat there crying when I saw it since I knew it was just perfect. As I looked to place it I had to move a few of the stickers that already graced the wall. The one that was dead center below the hole happened to be a dragon fly! I moved it and put it where his little hand-prints should be. For any of you who don't know the story behind the dragonfly and its symbolism with those who have left us, I am posting the story below in a brief summary.

"In the bottom of an old pond lived some grubs who could not understand why none of their group ever came back after crawling up the lily stems to the top of the water. They promised each other that the next one who was called to make the upward climb would return and tell what had happened to him. Soon one of them felt an urgent impulse to seek the surface; he rested himself on the top of a lily pad and went through a glorious transformation which made him a dragonfly with beautiful wings. In vain he tried to keep his promise. Flying back and forth over the pond, he peered down at his friends below. Then he realized that even if they could see him they would not recognize such a radiant creature as one of their number.
The fact that we cannot see our friends or communicate with them after the transformation which we call death is no proof that they cease to exist."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Tributes/Celebration of Life Footage


Here is a link to a video tribute that was made by Richard's dad in memory of George. Get out your tissues!


http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1360981185308&ref=mf



We Finally have footage from the service up and running:



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368692138077&ref=mf



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368733099101



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368770540037



http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1368789060500



It is in 4 sections running about 17 mins each. If you were unable to attend, you can now see what you missed. We were so blessed to have everyone there with us in person and in spirit!









Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle

Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle