George Charles Garman 09/09/09 to 01/29/10

January 29, 2010 our world was turned upside down when our 4 month old little boy earned his wings after a battle with Mitochondrial Disease and awoke in the Lords loving arms.

"Life can not be measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

George's Guardian's of Grace Projects

Stocking project is now in full force collecting donations. We have a list of the items we can use. You can also choose to sponsor a stocking in memory or honor of someone else. We will include a paragraph or two in the cards we place in the stockings to let the recipient know about the person that means so much to you. Our paypal account is posted on this page and ready to take donations. Email us for a list of items needed or with any questions or information you would like included on a sponsored stocking/donation.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Tears

Tears have just rolled down my cheeks all day long today. There is no huge significance other than the fact I miss my little boy so bad. My heart breaks for him and although I am logical, there is no logic when dealing with the death of your child. I don't know if it is the hormones from being pregnant or what it really is but there were very few moments in the day that I was not crying or didn't want to cry.

I went to church bible study although I had every intention of not going for fear of loosing it. I made it through but on numerous occasions I had to seriously keep it together, especially while reading. I did however find a need for his clothes. As hard as it is to get rid of them I hate that they are not being used. I didn't just want to sell them or any of that. They had a grater purpose. At the end of September our church has a few people going to Equador to help out down there. As soon as I heard that I knew that was where they were going. They will be used by children in need and I cannot think of a greater purpose to them. I will have to go through them and take out the things that are not clothing but at least the now have a purpose other than sitting in my mother's basement.

I miss George so much and words cannot express the heaviness my heart feels. The very thought of life being this way forever is so very overwhelming. I am so grateful for some new friends I have found in a few mothers who are walking this path too. We know one another's pain and hurt like no one else does. Together we hold one another up through these moments. So many of us have been having a rough time lately, even though who have been without their children for years. I don't know what it is but I am so glad to know I am not alone and can find comfort in others walking this road and also lending that comfort to these wonderful women too. The tears will continue to roll forever down my cheeks because the love I felt for my little monkey just runs so deep and always will. If I didn't cry I would think there is something wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Tributes/Celebration of Life Footage


Here is a link to a video tribute that was made by Richard's dad in memory of George. Get out your tissues!


http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1360981185308&ref=mf



We Finally have footage from the service up and running:



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368692138077&ref=mf



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368733099101



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368770540037



http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1368789060500



It is in 4 sections running about 17 mins each. If you were unable to attend, you can now see what you missed. We were so blessed to have everyone there with us in person and in spirit!









Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle

Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle