George Charles Garman 09/09/09 to 01/29/10

January 29, 2010 our world was turned upside down when our 4 month old little boy earned his wings after a battle with Mitochondrial Disease and awoke in the Lords loving arms.

"Life can not be measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

George's Guardian's of Grace Projects

Stocking project is now in full force collecting donations. We have a list of the items we can use. You can also choose to sponsor a stocking in memory or honor of someone else. We will include a paragraph or two in the cards we place in the stockings to let the recipient know about the person that means so much to you. Our paypal account is posted on this page and ready to take donations. Email us for a list of items needed or with any questions or information you would like included on a sponsored stocking/donation.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Thank God For Sunglasses










Yesterday was a hard day for me. We went to Downtown Disney to take the boys on the balloon they have there and T-rex. Unfortunately the balloon was not working so the trip was sort of a bust. I hadn't thought much about going there prior to going so I wasn't really prepared to be hit by it so emotionally. That was the one place we had a picture taken of our family in front of the water fountain. I actually had it made into a quilt for Hugh for Father's Day this year.

As we walked into the T-rex restaurant we walked past the table we had sat at just a few months ago with out little boy. All I could think of was how he was alive and he was here. How did we go from that to this? The food was good and we left but did not go into the gift shop where we had made him a stuffed dinosaur just like his brothers. Our old dog had chewed it's eyes and made us upset since it was really the only thing we had gotten him down here the last time we were here. I was not sure if I wanted to get one for Gabrielle but just didn't know if I felt like going back in there and having the kids make her one. I'm sure we will come back once she is here though and then we can make her one.

We headed over to the place where the balloon was at. I was fine on the walk until we got to the spot that we had sat and waited for Josh and my dad to take the ride. All that ran through my head was how I was feeding him and he was in his stroller and I had taken his picture. We waited and I held him. His beautiful smile and face just kept going through my mind. I was so thankful that I had a pair of sunglasses for the moments where it became so much tears would well up in my eyes as I thought of him and how much I truly missed him. Thankfully there were some shops around and I took a walk and looked through them.

My last walk was past the fountain. They were doing work on it so seeing it wasn't so bad but still brought that picture back to my mind. I then decided I wanted to find a picture frame here to put that picture in, the one of me with George in front of the castle, and the new one I took of his hat at the beach. There happened to be a little shop right near where we were leaving and I bought one of the photo frames in there and will have to look for the two other ones on the rest of our trip.

I know we will have lots of these first moments. The boys are so excited and have really enjoyed being here so I know it is not a place we can just avoid. All of these firsts are so hard to do even though we know they must be done. I hate at times that we have to do these things and know this sort of life/pain...it truly is like nothing I have ever felt before. The moments take you by surprise and hit you like a brick. It is like someone knocks the breath from you. I miss him so much and wish he was here with us, I want him back in the worst way even though I know it is selfish of me to want that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Tributes/Celebration of Life Footage


Here is a link to a video tribute that was made by Richard's dad in memory of George. Get out your tissues!


http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1360981185308&ref=mf



We Finally have footage from the service up and running:



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368692138077&ref=mf



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368733099101



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368770540037



http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1368789060500



It is in 4 sections running about 17 mins each. If you were unable to attend, you can now see what you missed. We were so blessed to have everyone there with us in person and in spirit!









Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle

Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle