George Charles Garman 09/09/09 to 01/29/10

January 29, 2010 our world was turned upside down when our 4 month old little boy earned his wings after a battle with Mitochondrial Disease and awoke in the Lords loving arms.

"Life can not be measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

George's Guardian's of Grace Projects

Stocking project is now in full force collecting donations. We have a list of the items we can use. You can also choose to sponsor a stocking in memory or honor of someone else. We will include a paragraph or two in the cards we place in the stockings to let the recipient know about the person that means so much to you. Our paypal account is posted on this page and ready to take donations. Email us for a list of items needed or with any questions or information you would like included on a sponsored stocking/donation.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Birthday

Today was my second birthday without my little monkey. I just felt so very off today. It really didn't seem any different than any other day. Hugh got me a precious moment and flowers so that was really nice. Other than that we just bought things and made dinner over at my mom's for my family. It was nice to be with them all, although I kind of felt like I was going through the motions of the day. I really miss my son especially on days like these. I used to look forward to these things but now I am just happy when they are over.

Yesterday I went to a birthday party for a friend's son who turned 1. It was very hard for me to be at the party but the kids had a blast. She was so wonderful and honored George by having a monkey balloon and other balloons to write on with his picture there. It took everything I had to not just start crying, knowing my son never got to see his first birthday. She even had monkey cupcake wrappers and lollipops for the kids. I feel so very blessed to have her in my life and to have her think of my and my little boy in that way. As hard as it was, it was also such a beautiful tribute that touched my heart in a way I cannot explain.

I found it very ironic how we have really learned who our friends are through all of this. We learned really quick who is really here for us and who isn't. There were quite a few surprises that came our way with all of that. Two people I didn't expect to ever become close with have now become two people who have found a way to think of me and touch my heart by honoring my son or just being here for my family. My ex husband's ex girlfriend has become one of my best friends who I feel very close to and that I can talk to...she even came out yesterday to help me with the kids without having to ask her. This other mom who's son's party it was is going to be doing a fundraiser in George's honor and has always shown me some sort of compassion in some way on all those very big events and moments and really gone out of her way for us.

All of that said, I thanked God today for the gift of life and for choosing me to do his work in whatever capacity it is. I thanked him for the gift of my family and friends. I thanked him for my son and asked him to please kiss and hug him for me and tell him how much I miss him since I cannot do it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Tributes/Celebration of Life Footage


Here is a link to a video tribute that was made by Richard's dad in memory of George. Get out your tissues!


http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1360981185308&ref=mf



We Finally have footage from the service up and running:



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368692138077&ref=mf



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368733099101



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368770540037



http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1368789060500



It is in 4 sections running about 17 mins each. If you were unable to attend, you can now see what you missed. We were so blessed to have everyone there with us in person and in spirit!









Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle

Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle