George Charles Garman 09/09/09 to 01/29/10

January 29, 2010 our world was turned upside down when our 4 month old little boy earned his wings after a battle with Mitochondrial Disease and awoke in the Lords loving arms.

"Life can not be measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

George's Guardian's of Grace Projects

Stocking project is now in full force collecting donations. We have a list of the items we can use. You can also choose to sponsor a stocking in memory or honor of someone else. We will include a paragraph or two in the cards we place in the stockings to let the recipient know about the person that means so much to you. Our paypal account is posted on this page and ready to take donations. Email us for a list of items needed or with any questions or information you would like included on a sponsored stocking/donation.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Other Children

Today we went to a birthday party for a friend of mine's children. She has 4 girls and 1 boy and I have the 4 boys and 1 girl. We were usually pregnant at the same time. My mom happens to be best friends with her grandmother and we have become friends through the two of them. Together our families make their own party. It was at the place called My Gym. I had never been there but it is a wonderful place to go to give your kids a place to let off some steam. This was one of the best parties for the kids and they had such a blast playing with all the kids and running around.

She found out that she was pregnant when George was a little guy. They actually brought their girls over to see him and see how they would handle a little baby when he was only a few days old. At her son's first birthday she honored George's memory by having a monkey balloon there and making cupcakes with monkey wrapping on the bottom. It was so meaningful to me since we never got to even celebrate George's birthday with him. If there is anyone who George impacted the most I would have to say it was probably her. She was also the one person that has remembered the big dates of George's and done something special for me during it. It really meant so much to me because often times she was one of the only ones who cared and went out of their way to do something special to try and help our family cope with his loss.

We got to the party and the boys took off on their own. Hugh and I settled in with Gabrielle. They started to do some party games with all the kids. Somewhere mixed in all of that my mind wandered to George and wishing he was there. I saw this woman's son running around and it made me think of the day they came to see him and she was just starting her pregnancy with this little boy who was now running around. For whatever reason I could not stop staring at him and thinking that George would be doing all the stuff the little boy was doing and more. When I think of George I only see this 4 and a half month little baby,not a little boy running around like this boy was. I then sat there with a heavy heart thinking how unfair it was for us to not have him and how badly I wanted him here doing the stuff this little boy was doing. I guess in my mind, he will forever be a baby and I will always wonder what he would have looked like when I see kids that are the age he should be. Even when I see other mom's who have not lost their children, part of me yearns to be like them...I remember being them...now I am forever different and will never have that back again and I think today was the first time I actually realized that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Tributes/Celebration of Life Footage


Here is a link to a video tribute that was made by Richard's dad in memory of George. Get out your tissues!


http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1360981185308&ref=mf



We Finally have footage from the service up and running:



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368692138077&ref=mf



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368733099101



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368770540037



http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1368789060500



It is in 4 sections running about 17 mins each. If you were unable to attend, you can now see what you missed. We were so blessed to have everyone there with us in person and in spirit!









Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle

Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle