George Charles Garman 09/09/09 to 01/29/10

January 29, 2010 our world was turned upside down when our 4 month old little boy earned his wings after a battle with Mitochondrial Disease and awoke in the Lords loving arms.

"Life can not be measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

George's Guardian's of Grace Projects

Stocking project is now in full force collecting donations. We have a list of the items we can use. You can also choose to sponsor a stocking in memory or honor of someone else. We will include a paragraph or two in the cards we place in the stockings to let the recipient know about the person that means so much to you. Our paypal account is posted on this page and ready to take donations. Email us for a list of items needed or with any questions or information you would like included on a sponsored stocking/donation.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Two Most Important Men in My Life







This is a poem that my dad forwarded to me. It meant the world to me and I wanted to share it. For those of you who don't know my dad personally, he is a quiet man with a wonderful soul that doesn't say very much. We don't have the "typical" father daughter relationship but what we have is so much more and is just special. Words don't have to be exchanged but we know that the other loves us just for who we are. The morning that George earned his wings, my dad came looking for me at my house. He hugged me in my room downstairs. It was just one of those moments and he hugged me as I cried in his arms like a little girl does. At that moment he was just my "daddy" and doing what he could to try and take my pain. It meant more then I can ever explain to anyone.

If I could catch a rainbow
I would do it just for you
And share with you its beauty
On the days you're feeling blue.


If I could build a mountain
You could call your very own;
A place to find serenity,
A place to be alone.


If I could take your troubles
I would toss them in the sea,
But all these things I'm finding
Are impossible for me.

I cannot build a mountain
Or catch a rainbow fair,
But let me be what I know best,
A friend who's always there..




This poem I found and thought of Hugh. It then later translated to my father also in so many ways. Men are always forgotten in situations like this and hurt in their own way. I found this poem today and thought of my husband who is also grieving the loss of our beautiful boy and holds it together all the time for the kids and I. Phone calls for him are slim to none. He is a great father and husband!
Untitled Poem
It must be very difficult
To be a man in grief,
Since "men don't cry" and "men are strong"
No tears can bring relief.
It must be very difficult
To stand up to the test
And field the calls and visitors
So she can get some rest.
They always ask if she's all right
And what she's going through.
But seldom take his hand and ask,
"My friend, but how are you?"
He hears her crying in the night
And thinks his heart will break.
He dries her tears and comforts her,
but "stays strong" for her sake.
It must be very difficult
To start each day anew
And try to be so very brave--
He lost his baby too.
Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Tributes/Celebration of Life Footage


Here is a link to a video tribute that was made by Richard's dad in memory of George. Get out your tissues!


http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1360981185308&ref=mf



We Finally have footage from the service up and running:



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368692138077&ref=mf



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368733099101



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368770540037



http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1368789060500



It is in 4 sections running about 17 mins each. If you were unable to attend, you can now see what you missed. We were so blessed to have everyone there with us in person and in spirit!









Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle

Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle