George Charles Garman 09/09/09 to 01/29/10

January 29, 2010 our world was turned upside down when our 4 month old little boy earned his wings after a battle with Mitochondrial Disease and awoke in the Lords loving arms.

"Life can not be measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

George's Guardian's of Grace Projects

Stocking project is now in full force collecting donations. We have a list of the items we can use. You can also choose to sponsor a stocking in memory or honor of someone else. We will include a paragraph or two in the cards we place in the stockings to let the recipient know about the person that means so much to you. Our paypal account is posted on this page and ready to take donations. Email us for a list of items needed or with any questions or information you would like included on a sponsored stocking/donation.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Missing You

My heart is broken,
My arms ache,
Somtimes I wonder how much more can I take.

You were my child,
My life, my love,
It is so hard to think you are now watching from above.

I pray to god
And ask for his strength
for how long will I be without you...only he knows the length.

Little monkey of mine,
I think of you every second.
I wait for my day when I am beckoned.

For now I will have to stay here,
I still have a job to do,
But I can't wait for the moment when once again I can hold you.


I actually wrote this poem myself. For anyone who knows me, this sort of thing does not normally come easy. Tonight I emailed another mom going through a tough time after the loss of her daughter. My God I know her pain and truly understand how she is feeling. The past few days have just been so hard. With everything leading up to Mother's Day and the fact that he would have been 8 months old that day, I have just had a very hard time emotionally. I miss him so much right now, dispite my best efforts to keep busy or do something. The simplest thing just makes me cry...even talking about him makes me want to cry sometimes...not because I am sad for him but rather for myself.

Today we began the tedious job of putting rocks in his garden. The little boys were so eager to help Hugh and I. They are so smart and want to work hard to make their little brother's garden beautiful. Josh and Michael each began taking rocks back themseves even if it was only one at a time! Josh finally got smart and I just laughed so hard as I watched him put them all in his plastic shopping cart. He just amazes me sometimes...he is so smart! I took pictures that I will upload tomorrow. It was just so precious. His garden is being made with so much love. I know it is going to be perfect when we are all done.

My sweet little angel monkey I miss you with every single fiber of my being.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Tributes/Celebration of Life Footage


Here is a link to a video tribute that was made by Richard's dad in memory of George. Get out your tissues!


http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1360981185308&ref=mf



We Finally have footage from the service up and running:



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368692138077&ref=mf



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368733099101



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368770540037



http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1368789060500



It is in 4 sections running about 17 mins each. If you were unable to attend, you can now see what you missed. We were so blessed to have everyone there with us in person and in spirit!









Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle

Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle