George Charles Garman 09/09/09 to 01/29/10

January 29, 2010 our world was turned upside down when our 4 month old little boy earned his wings after a battle with Mitochondrial Disease and awoke in the Lords loving arms.

"Life can not be measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

George's Guardian's of Grace Projects

Stocking project is now in full force collecting donations. We have a list of the items we can use. You can also choose to sponsor a stocking in memory or honor of someone else. We will include a paragraph or two in the cards we place in the stockings to let the recipient know about the person that means so much to you. Our paypal account is posted on this page and ready to take donations. Email us for a list of items needed or with any questions or information you would like included on a sponsored stocking/donation.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

You Are Still Changing The World

Today seemed like it was just full of so many moments. Tomorrow I am going to be doing the in service at the hospital. It still amazes me that I have this opportunity, I truly never ever saw myself doing this sort of thing but I am so greatful to be able to do it. I finished up the packets I made, my powerpoint, and fliers for the fundraisers I am working on. It still just amazes me how much good can come from such a bad situation! I hope that things go well tomorrow and we have a good turn out and can educate so many people who can also in turn change the world themselves.

I also finally spoke with the woman from Stonyfield. It was amazing that someone from such a big company that has such an infulence would contact me, a bereaved mom. I got to educate her on how toxins play a big roll in our lives and how it took me loosing you to realize the impact that it truly has, especially on those with Mitochondrial Disease. We have seen such an improvement in the boys since changing most of their things to organic/toxic free items. I got to also share with her why George meant so much to me and how truly special he really was. To me that was the very highlight of my day. I miss him so much and for that short amount of time I got to still be that proud mommy that I lost the day he left. It was like he was still living on in my memories and I got to explain why he touched so many people.

She asked me what I had hoped I would get from sharing my story and what others would take from it. I told her I just hoped that people would not think that it couldn't happen to them and would educate themselves so that they never are in the place we are. We will always wonder if things could have been different but we know we cannot change what has already transpired. If one person changes their life or outlook on things because of George's story, then all the pain and things we have been through has been worth it because it has a greater meaning.

In some ways my heart is so heavy and then in others it dances with joy. We are finding ways to make good things come from this horrible nightmare we are now living every single day. I miss his smile yet it lives on by changing the lives of others who just look at his pictures. His spirit just showed through his smile and those big blue eyes he had. I miss holding him but he remains forever in my heart pushing me forward every single day to not only survive to make the world a better place. I hope he is looking down from heaven smiling and is proud of all that we are accomplishing in his memory.

We have the web page up and running for our Komfort for Kidz Campaign. wwww.komfortforkidzcampaign.blogspot.com is the page and has list of events and items needed for donation. Right now we are collecting plastic jars with lids or coffee cans to create coin jars. Please if you have them let me know and start saving them.

In September we are also walking in the Energy for Life walk in Camden NJ for the UMDF. They have always supplied any information I have needed for advocacy and teaching so this year we want to give back to them. We are going to walk in honor and memory of our boys. Please join our team and walk with us or feel free to make a donation if you cannot be there in person. Our team is called Mito Monkeys and this is our web page: http://www.energyforlifewalk.org/c.bkLPKbOULlK8E/b.6007487/siteapps/teampage/ShowPage.aspx?teamid=3764908

Last but not least, please keep us in your prayers. These past few weeks have been very hard emotionally. Tomorrow will be very emotional for me but also a great day but I need God's guidance to give me the right words and get this information to the right people. Sunday is Father's Day. This is going to be a very difficult day for Hugh. It is not only his first Father's Day without our little monkey but it is also the first one without his own father. In so many ways this will be an extremely difficult day. I know how hard Mother's Day was for me so I can only immagine how hard it is going to be for Hugh. There are just so many emotions involved for both of us the next few days that we ask you to pray for strength and God to be with us during the extremely difficult moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Tributes/Celebration of Life Footage


Here is a link to a video tribute that was made by Richard's dad in memory of George. Get out your tissues!


http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1360981185308&ref=mf



We Finally have footage from the service up and running:



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368692138077&ref=mf



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368733099101



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368770540037



http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1368789060500



It is in 4 sections running about 17 mins each. If you were unable to attend, you can now see what you missed. We were so blessed to have everyone there with us in person and in spirit!









Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle

Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle