George Charles Garman 09/09/09 to 01/29/10

January 29, 2010 our world was turned upside down when our 4 month old little boy earned his wings after a battle with Mitochondrial Disease and awoke in the Lords loving arms.

"Life can not be measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

George's Guardian's of Grace Projects

Stocking project is now in full force collecting donations. We have a list of the items we can use. You can also choose to sponsor a stocking in memory or honor of someone else. We will include a paragraph or two in the cards we place in the stockings to let the recipient know about the person that means so much to you. Our paypal account is posted on this page and ready to take donations. Email us for a list of items needed or with any questions or information you would like included on a sponsored stocking/donation.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Written by Tammy Brown

One Year of Time

"Time heals all wounds"
this is what they keep saying

you have been gone
for just over a year now
the world has moved on
and expects me to have done the same

it cannot understand
that your death
has become an even greater weight to carry now

the shock has diminished
and all illusions of hope have gone
forcing reality down my unwelcoming throat

time has forced me to know it
and is forcing me still to accept it

time is not the forgiving friend
they would like to believe
but rather the harshest of teachers

and it has taught me well

it has taught me to place a foot forward
and force the other to follow
it has taught me to lift my head and pretend
as I hide behind a forged smile

all for their benefit
their comfort

time has taught me to pre-program my way through each day
until I can wrap myself in the memories of you each night
with comforting sobs of ease

yes
time has taught me well

however
it has done nothing
to ease the steady intensification of sorrow
that comes with the heaviness of reality
in this next year

Tammy Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Tributes/Celebration of Life Footage


Here is a link to a video tribute that was made by Richard's dad in memory of George. Get out your tissues!


http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1360981185308&ref=mf



We Finally have footage from the service up and running:



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368692138077&ref=mf



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368733099101



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368770540037



http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1368789060500



It is in 4 sections running about 17 mins each. If you were unable to attend, you can now see what you missed. We were so blessed to have everyone there with us in person and in spirit!









Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle

Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle