George Charles Garman 09/09/09 to 01/29/10

January 29, 2010 our world was turned upside down when our 4 month old little boy earned his wings after a battle with Mitochondrial Disease and awoke in the Lords loving arms.

"Life can not be measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

George's Guardian's of Grace Projects

Stocking project is now in full force collecting donations. We have a list of the items we can use. You can also choose to sponsor a stocking in memory or honor of someone else. We will include a paragraph or two in the cards we place in the stockings to let the recipient know about the person that means so much to you. Our paypal account is posted on this page and ready to take donations. Email us for a list of items needed or with any questions or information you would like included on a sponsored stocking/donation.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Surgery Info

I just wanted to ask for prayers since tomorrow I am headed in for surgery. This is our first on a list of items that need to be taken for to hopefully get my health better situated. My gal bladder will be removed at around 8:30am tomorrow but I have to be there at 7am to get prepped. I'm hoping that it is an easy surgery and relieves my pain that I have been having at least a little bit. This should be routine and laproscopic but if there is too much scar tissue it will be an open procedure.

Hugh has to work tomorrow so I am not sure how the rest of the day will go. He is contemplating taking off but he does not get paid for it and is not allowed sick days so he is given a bit of a hard time the last time he took a day off. I don't really know what to expect but I have had other surgery so this shouldn't be to bad. We are hoping that he can find a better job with day hours since it is not working well for most of us but especially Michael.

I also ask you to keep us all in your prayers since we have had a few rough moments these past two days. Yesterday on my way to a bridal shower, I was sitting at the light on the main high way before the hospital George was taken to. As I sat there an ambulance with blaring sirens and a medic car right behind came flying by. My heart just sank into my stomach as I was instantly transported back to the day our little boy died. Instantly the memories and images o that day just flooded over me and I just started to cry. My mom sat there beside me and looked at me knowing exactly what I was thinking. She asked me if I was ok and with that I just said no as tears streamed down my face and she reached over to hold my hand. Ironically another mom had a similar instance when she saw the car that carried her son to his resting place yesterday. Come to find out, I am not the only mom that now has problems with ambulances and cars/things that remind us of the most horrible days of our lives.

Today Hugh had his own moment. There was a little boy who visits his grandparents next door. We had told him he could come over to play and he just that today. Michael was so happy to have a friend here playing. The little boy is younger than Michael. As Hugh stood in the doorway, his eyes welled up with tears. He said, well I now know what it would have been like to have 3 boys playing like this. The tears just rolled like water over a damn that had broken. My heart just broke for him as I felt the same twinges of pain at the very thought of that. He turned and said how much Michael misses and how much we have really lost just hit home really hard as we listen to the kids outside playing and laughing. These truly are the moments that you can never be prepared for and the moments that no amount of counseling could ever fix. We don't let them consume our lives but boy when they hit, they hit hard.

I am off to try and see what I can put together for a few meals for the next few days before I go in tomorrow. With me not knowing what to expect, I am not sure what to make but at the very least Hugh will have to get to the store and grab milk, juice, bread, and other basic things we don't have here but need to get. Please keep us all in your prayers and I will try to update depending on how I feel tomorrow after surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Tributes/Celebration of Life Footage


Here is a link to a video tribute that was made by Richard's dad in memory of George. Get out your tissues!


http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1360981185308&ref=mf



We Finally have footage from the service up and running:



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368692138077&ref=mf



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368733099101



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368770540037



http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1368789060500



It is in 4 sections running about 17 mins each. If you were unable to attend, you can now see what you missed. We were so blessed to have everyone there with us in person and in spirit!









Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle

Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle