George Charles Garman 09/09/09 to 01/29/10

January 29, 2010 our world was turned upside down when our 4 month old little boy earned his wings after a battle with Mitochondrial Disease and awoke in the Lords loving arms.

"Life can not be measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

George's Guardian's of Grace Projects

Stocking project is now in full force collecting donations. We have a list of the items we can use. You can also choose to sponsor a stocking in memory or honor of someone else. We will include a paragraph or two in the cards we place in the stockings to let the recipient know about the person that means so much to you. Our paypal account is posted on this page and ready to take donations. Email us for a list of items needed or with any questions or information you would like included on a sponsored stocking/donation.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Touched

We just got back from our Blue and Gold dinner with the boys. I can't tell you how touched and glad I was that I went. It was not akward by any means and they all seemed to just be there and exactly what I needed. I talked to a few of them while we were setting up. They gave our family the 50/50 and also gave us a donation towards the cost of the baby's service. I just cried as I hugged Patty, the woman who won the 50/50 an gave us her portion of it. They told me that even though Richard was moving on that if we need anything to let them know. What a wonerful group of people...they were just what I needed.

I will be back in the rotation once Josh goes into Cub Scouts when he gets to first grade. It won't be that long since he will be in Kindergarden this September. Richard still has not made up his mind as to what troop he plans to join. With George passing, we just have not had the time or ability to make the decision. My den is splitting up and each of them are going in different directions. It is amazing where the time goes. We watched as the tigers got their badges and I relized that all these boys were that size at one point. I was so honored to be part of these boys lives and to have that sort of ability to help them grow.

On a funny note. I got back and had on black tights. Joshua looked at me with his huge eyes and said "Mommy...what did you do? I looked at him as puzzled as he looked at me. He came over and touched my legs looking at them strangely and said "you turne colors" My leggings were black and he though my skin turned black...I just about rolled on the floor laughing. Leave it to him to make you laugh like that.

I'm so greatful for the way things turned out today. I really needed that more then I can even begin to explain! It was quite touching with people barely saying anything but it meaning so much. There has still not been a day that has gone by without me crying but today was one of the most moving for me besides his service.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Tributes/Celebration of Life Footage


Here is a link to a video tribute that was made by Richard's dad in memory of George. Get out your tissues!


http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1360981185308&ref=mf



We Finally have footage from the service up and running:



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368692138077&ref=mf



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368733099101



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368770540037



http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1368789060500



It is in 4 sections running about 17 mins each. If you were unable to attend, you can now see what you missed. We were so blessed to have everyone there with us in person and in spirit!









Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle

Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle