George Charles Garman 09/09/09 to 01/29/10

January 29, 2010 our world was turned upside down when our 4 month old little boy earned his wings after a battle with Mitochondrial Disease and awoke in the Lords loving arms.

"Life can not be measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

George's Guardian's of Grace Projects

Stocking project is now in full force collecting donations. We have a list of the items we can use. You can also choose to sponsor a stocking in memory or honor of someone else. We will include a paragraph or two in the cards we place in the stockings to let the recipient know about the person that means so much to you. Our paypal account is posted on this page and ready to take donations. Email us for a list of items needed or with any questions or information you would like included on a sponsored stocking/donation.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

God is Good

Today was a good day...wow, I never thought I would say that. We sent out our thank you notes earlier this week. It took so much for me to get the energy and to get past my grief to be able to do this. We had so much love and support that I just could not go without sending them. We got some beautiful cards made up from Costco and I bought an extra pack of blank cards in case I ran out of the photo cards and to also use for people I just wanted to write something to who went above and beyond to help us out.

One of the cards we had recieved was from the ER where George died. I cannot tell you how much they were touched by him and our family so I just felt the need to send them a small care package. It had some cards from his service and a few pins for the nurses who were there when George was baptized. I also added in some literature about Mito. No matter what his cause of death is, I realized how uninformed and unprepared they are to handle someone with the disease. Should Josh or Michael ever need to go they would just be unequipt to handle it. They were so lost and asking me what they needed to do because they didn't know and I just felt so helpless and so did they.

I do not fault them for not knowing, they cannot be expected to know everything. In an age where people are sue happy, they are even afraid to ask questions to make it seem as if they don't know. Money will never bring my son back so I would rather take the time to educate them to hopefully save someone else the chaos and pain we felt the day he was brought into their ER. Never did I expect to honestly hear back from the woman that I sent the package to.

Today I got a phone call from her thanking me for taking the time to do that and to let me know how much they appreciate it. I told her my concern for education and she was absolutely on board with me. She asked me to see if Ken, the boys old ped would work with us so we could make it an inservice. I've got an email into him to inqure about it. Should this work out, I want to look into reaching out to other local hospitals. I cannot change the world or educate everyone but it has to start somewhere. With the hospital willing to work with me, I feel as if my little boys life has so much more meaning then I even thought it did before.

Please pray for us and this project of mine. I know that God will lead me if this is where he wants me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Tributes/Celebration of Life Footage


Here is a link to a video tribute that was made by Richard's dad in memory of George. Get out your tissues!


http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1360981185308&ref=mf



We Finally have footage from the service up and running:



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368692138077&ref=mf



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368733099101



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368770540037



http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1368789060500



It is in 4 sections running about 17 mins each. If you were unable to attend, you can now see what you missed. We were so blessed to have everyone there with us in person and in spirit!









Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle

Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle