George Charles Garman 09/09/09 to 01/29/10

January 29, 2010 our world was turned upside down when our 4 month old little boy earned his wings after a battle with Mitochondrial Disease and awoke in the Lords loving arms.

"Life can not be measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

George's Guardian's of Grace Projects

Stocking project is now in full force collecting donations. We have a list of the items we can use. You can also choose to sponsor a stocking in memory or honor of someone else. We will include a paragraph or two in the cards we place in the stockings to let the recipient know about the person that means so much to you. Our paypal account is posted on this page and ready to take donations. Email us for a list of items needed or with any questions or information you would like included on a sponsored stocking/donation.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

New Again




Last night Hugh and I sang at the Good Friday service. We sang the song New Again. It was very hard to keep it together emotionally. Both Hugh and I found it very hard to do but we did it for our little man. We miss him so much. Hugh had found one of the chocolate cigars that Richard and my mom had given to him at the hospital. He had put them in his top dresser drawer waiting until he got a chance to give one to his family members. Some of them never met George so we had quite a few left over. I didn't know that he had one in his pocket and he burried it where we had placed George. It sounds kind of silly to do these things but something in us keeps tugging at us so we can find a way to keep him with us.

Everyone last night said how wonderful the song was. I happened to be the last one to leave the church and I made my way to a pew since I had just been on a chair in the back. It just hit me very hard as I sat there crying while everyone was downstairs in the hall. I miss him so much! Most of the time I can keep it together but it is so hard to do that right now.

This morning we went back to the church to help with the set up for tomorrow. I wound up helping with flowers and Hugh worked out in the yard working on trees. Richard came too and he took a flower and put it on George's grave. It was a busy day and we are all surely tired after a long day. We came home and I got the boys from my mom and we came home to dye eggs. That was so hard for me to do. I just felt like something was missing.

I made an egg with each of the boys, including George. He never got to celebrate an Easter or do any of the stuff that comes with the holiday. I did however, take pics of one of his stuffed monkeys and us dying eggs. In a way it is sort of like keeping him with us and his memory alive. This feeling is just hard to explaing and it is sadness but also a feeling of being incomplete. To think that I will feel this way for the rest of my life is just so terrible. I still enjoy doing things with the other boys but it is just not the same.

Tomorrow is going to be a rough day but I know we will make it through. It is our first holiday without him since he was born. The thought of that is overwhelming but I guess we will have a whole year of hard firsts. I'm not looking forward to any of them and wish I could just skip them all together but that just isn't an option. I'm going to post some of the pictures with this post...I hope you enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Tributes/Celebration of Life Footage


Here is a link to a video tribute that was made by Richard's dad in memory of George. Get out your tissues!


http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1360981185308&ref=mf



We Finally have footage from the service up and running:



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368692138077&ref=mf



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368733099101



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368770540037



http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1368789060500



It is in 4 sections running about 17 mins each. If you were unable to attend, you can now see what you missed. We were so blessed to have everyone there with us in person and in spirit!









Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle

Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle