George Charles Garman 09/09/09 to 01/29/10

January 29, 2010 our world was turned upside down when our 4 month old little boy earned his wings after a battle with Mitochondrial Disease and awoke in the Lords loving arms.

"Life can not be measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

George's Guardian's of Grace Projects

Stocking project is now in full force collecting donations. We have a list of the items we can use. You can also choose to sponsor a stocking in memory or honor of someone else. We will include a paragraph or two in the cards we place in the stockings to let the recipient know about the person that means so much to you. Our paypal account is posted on this page and ready to take donations. Email us for a list of items needed or with any questions or information you would like included on a sponsored stocking/donation.

Friday, February 19, 2010

3 Weeks and Counting

It has been three very long weeks since our sweet boy earned his wings. My heart breaks every single day because I miss him so much. Dispite how much I hurt, I know he had a greater purpose here on Earth. His little life had so much meaning and as the days go by the plan begins to unfold to the plan that had been laid long before we ever knew.

Today was a tough day for me as Fridays use to be so great for me, they now mark the day I lost my baby so I can say I don't particularly look forward to them like I use to. It meant that I got to spend time for him once my hours were done an now it just makes me sad to think the day I looked forward to has become the day I dread. In time I know a lot of these feelings will subside but for now they just are hard.

We went to Costco today. It was nice to get out of the house. Most of the day I had it pretty together. Each day seems to bring a little less in terms of tears and a little more of coping on my part. It was hard when I went to Costco though. I was fine until we got to a part where they have clothing and someone had held up these one piece spring baby boy outfits. That of course just hit me very hard as I thought how I loved those and swore that was all I was going to get George. The thought that I just would never be able to do that just tugged at my heart and I found myself trying my hardest not to cry in the middle of the store. Many people have told me that I will have moments like that but this was the first out of the blue moment I have had.

Richard had a rough moment tonight. I came home from my mom's and found him on the couch. Hugh was rubbing his back and when I asked what happened, he told me that he was having a George moment. With that I sat down and hugged him and told him we would get through it all together. We then sat down and talked about how we were lucky to have George and how lucky Richard was that he would remember him and knew how much George loved him.

I think we are all just going to have these moments. Together we can get through this and it is just going to take some time for all of us. The little boys are each having their own ways of dealing. Michael has become very clingy, especially with Hugh. Josh has become very moody and cries at the drop of a hat. I wish there was a way for me to explain things to them all but I don't think that is even possible when I just don't always get it all myself. In some ways I am glad they are young and in others I wish they were older. Then again, Richard is older and it is no easier trying to help him cope.

As each day passes, I don't miss him any less, I just think I've found a way to know that I cannot look back but have to look forward. We happened to watch the movie Meet the Robbinson's tonight with the kids. They had a part that was an extra that went over that very fact. The whole thing they keep saying in the move is to keep moving forward. We have watched that movie a million times but it has never meant more to me then it does now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Tributes/Celebration of Life Footage


Here is a link to a video tribute that was made by Richard's dad in memory of George. Get out your tissues!


http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1360981185308&ref=mf



We Finally have footage from the service up and running:



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368692138077&ref=mf



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368733099101



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368770540037



http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1368789060500



It is in 4 sections running about 17 mins each. If you were unable to attend, you can now see what you missed. We were so blessed to have everyone there with us in person and in spirit!









Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle

Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle