George Charles Garman 09/09/09 to 01/29/10

January 29, 2010 our world was turned upside down when our 4 month old little boy earned his wings after a battle with Mitochondrial Disease and awoke in the Lords loving arms.

"Life can not be measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

George's Guardian's of Grace Projects

Stocking project is now in full force collecting donations. We have a list of the items we can use. You can also choose to sponsor a stocking in memory or honor of someone else. We will include a paragraph or two in the cards we place in the stockings to let the recipient know about the person that means so much to you. Our paypal account is posted on this page and ready to take donations. Email us for a list of items needed or with any questions or information you would like included on a sponsored stocking/donation.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Church Tonight

Tonight Hugh and I both decided to go to church tonight for the Ash Wednesday service. I really needed to go to church. There is a whole new meaning when we go there now. Some of George's ashes are there in their memorial garden. Both Hugh and I stopped and kneeled to visit with our angel. It was so odd but something I know I needed. Tears streemed down my face as I touched the ground where he was laid to rest. We stopped again once the service was over and I made the sign of the cross over his grave just as I did on his forehead when he was alive.

I lit a candle for him before the service. While I was there I just kept asking God for the strength to get through all of this. I am so greatful that I have my faith and also that Hugh and I have an awsome relationship. We have been coping with all of this together. Individually we have our moments but we know together we can overcome anything. This is the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my entire life.

This evening before church we got a call on the phone. It was the medical examiners office. He had a bunch of questions he asked me about George and our family from the SIDS foundation. I don't know why they needed all the info but we gave it to him. He was very nice. Unfortunately, he didn't know much about Mito and I spent a lot of time explaining it to him. There were tons of questions and he felt bad for asking them but we got through the whole thing. He just kept telling me I was a trooper and that he was greatful that I understood his need to ask the questions. The day George died, he was here in the house while we were at the hospital and he was taking pictures and going over the George's bed. I hope that we will get the autopsy resluts soon so we can find some sort of closure with all of this.

I have poste some pictures from the service in Saturday. You will have to scroll all the way down. His service was so beautiful, we could not have asked for anything more. You can now see for yourself how beautiful it was. Hopefully by the weekend we will have some video from the service that I can add a link to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Tributes/Celebration of Life Footage


Here is a link to a video tribute that was made by Richard's dad in memory of George. Get out your tissues!


http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1360981185308&ref=mf



We Finally have footage from the service up and running:



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368692138077&ref=mf



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368733099101



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368770540037



http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1368789060500



It is in 4 sections running about 17 mins each. If you were unable to attend, you can now see what you missed. We were so blessed to have everyone there with us in person and in spirit!









Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle

Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle