George Charles Garman 09/09/09 to 01/29/10

January 29, 2010 our world was turned upside down when our 4 month old little boy earned his wings after a battle with Mitochondrial Disease and awoke in the Lords loving arms.

"Life can not be measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

George's Guardian's of Grace Projects

Stocking project is now in full force collecting donations. We have a list of the items we can use. You can also choose to sponsor a stocking in memory or honor of someone else. We will include a paragraph or two in the cards we place in the stockings to let the recipient know about the person that means so much to you. Our paypal account is posted on this page and ready to take donations. Email us for a list of items needed or with any questions or information you would like included on a sponsored stocking/donation.

Monday, February 15, 2010

I Cannot Immagine by My Sister Tara Sworaski

I wake up crying, salty tears streaming.
A nightmare I live, somehow not dreaming.
I ache to save you, to just stop the screaming.
Everyone asks how I am doing,
When I just want your smile, your beautiful cooing.
The pain in my heart just keeps on brewing.
I just want to hold you and kiss your sweet head,
To see you this morning awake in your bed.
I wonder why it couldn’t be me instead.
I fill with guilt because I’m losing your smell.
I don’t know how to make a home in this Hell.
I’m tired of “I’m sorry” or wishing me well.
I question God. I fill with rage.
Your book too short, ink still wet on the page.
It’s not fair that I miss seeing you age.
Yet, I somehow find peace in God’s will.
For I know I will hold you again still.
I now carry your heart with me until
We meet again.

I’m not ok. My heart is breaking.
Each night when I dream, I end up shaking.
I’m angry that God seems to be forsaking.
I miss your blue eyes and kissing your lips.
My body confused with you not on my hips.
Clutching memories of you, my mind, daily, grips.
What do I do with your clothes and toys?
What do I tell my other three boys?
How do I ever now experience joys?
How do I hurt and somehow let go?
I just want to be weak and let my feelings show!
No one understands. No one will know!
I don’t want to “live”, don’t want to wake.
I want God to take back this awful mistake.
From this sadness and pain, I can’t get a break.
I feel so empty. I am just broken.
I keep your clothes as somehow a small token.
Why God, is this what you have spoken?
I had no choice. I had no say.
It was too short when you took him away!
Could I not have an hour more to just play
With my sweet little man?

This is not like the loss of a person you knew.
Yes, we feel pain, but it’s not the same-that is true!
Feel bad for me. I don’t want to feel sorry for YOU.
I don’t want to hear how you got back on track.
Whatever you did won’t bring my son back.
When you say you understand, is it a child YOU lack??
Oh God, please come take me. Please hear my cries,
As I sit alone in his room, flooding my eyes.
Each second I heal, while a part of me dies.
I tell myself lies to make myself stronger,
When my heart aches for you for one second longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Tributes/Celebration of Life Footage


Here is a link to a video tribute that was made by Richard's dad in memory of George. Get out your tissues!


http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1360981185308&ref=mf



We Finally have footage from the service up and running:



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368692138077&ref=mf



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368733099101



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368770540037



http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1368789060500



It is in 4 sections running about 17 mins each. If you were unable to attend, you can now see what you missed. We were so blessed to have everyone there with us in person and in spirit!









Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle

Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle