George Charles Garman 09/09/09 to 01/29/10

January 29, 2010 our world was turned upside down when our 4 month old little boy earned his wings after a battle with Mitochondrial Disease and awoke in the Lords loving arms.

"Life can not be measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

George's Guardian's of Grace Projects

Stocking project is now in full force collecting donations. We have a list of the items we can use. You can also choose to sponsor a stocking in memory or honor of someone else. We will include a paragraph or two in the cards we place in the stockings to let the recipient know about the person that means so much to you. Our paypal account is posted on this page and ready to take donations. Email us for a list of items needed or with any questions or information you would like included on a sponsored stocking/donation.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Another Day

Today was another tough day for me. I did spend some more time upstairs with the boys but I am just having a tough time trying to figure out how to be mommy and also get through all of my feelings right now. I'm greatful that Hugh and I griev differently because it does make it easier so I can find my alone time while he gets his much needed boy time.

In some ways it is like the baby is still here. I feel like I will hear him cry or that I need to be taking care of him. It is just hard when I realize that it isn't going to ever happen again. That makes me want to cry. I am sure that as time goes on, we will learn to handle it better but for right now it is just very difficult.

Hugh and I went to a friends house for dinner tonight. I really did not feel up to going but I went just to get out. I could not get my mind off of the baby and the awful feelings I have rolling around inside of me. We had a good time but it was just a wierd experience for me.

I find it odd that a little boy who was only 4 months old could have that big of an impact on a person. I knew him longer then most though because I carried him for 9 months. I'm not sure if that is why this is as hard as it is for me to cope with.

My mom has been trying to help in her own way. I know it is hard for her to see me so upset but I don't know how to not be upset at this point in time, he was my son. In some odd way being by myself is helping me to cope. I've always been a loner and have dealt with a lot of hard things on my own curled up in bed until I can really get a grasp on them. So many people want to help take the pain but this is just going to be one cross we will have to carry on our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Tributes/Celebration of Life Footage


Here is a link to a video tribute that was made by Richard's dad in memory of George. Get out your tissues!


http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1360981185308&ref=mf



We Finally have footage from the service up and running:



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368692138077&ref=mf



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368733099101



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368770540037



http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1368789060500



It is in 4 sections running about 17 mins each. If you were unable to attend, you can now see what you missed. We were so blessed to have everyone there with us in person and in spirit!









Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle

Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle