George Charles Garman 09/09/09 to 01/29/10

January 29, 2010 our world was turned upside down when our 4 month old little boy earned his wings after a battle with Mitochondrial Disease and awoke in the Lords loving arms.

"Life can not be measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

George's Guardian's of Grace Projects

Stocking project is now in full force collecting donations. We have a list of the items we can use. You can also choose to sponsor a stocking in memory or honor of someone else. We will include a paragraph or two in the cards we place in the stockings to let the recipient know about the person that means so much to you. Our paypal account is posted on this page and ready to take donations. Email us for a list of items needed or with any questions or information you would like included on a sponsored stocking/donation.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Life Goes On

Today has been such a difficult day. We know life must go one but I just have not figured out how to do that yet. I began the day trying to finally fold the clothing I have been avoiding for the past two weeks. We need clean laundry but I have just been piling it up on the table downstairs in the laundry room.

Georges clothes are all mixed in and I have not wanted to even touch them. I don't know what to really do with his stuff. Looking at it just makes me want to cry. I sat there and folded the clothes crying as I put his clothing in a trash bag for the time being until I figure out what to do with it. The very knowledge of the fact I will never get to dress him again and tickle him and see him giggle just breaks my heart even more. I have never felt more lost and empty in my whole life.

There is a part of me missing and I just don't know how to fill it. I know nothing will bring my baby back and the sad reality of that just makes my heart ache for him even more. His sweet smile and laugh and our moments where I just would cuddle with him are the very things I miss the most. His bedroom is loosing his smell as each day passes and that saddens me to no end.

I have been in my pajamas all day and pretty much stayed to myself with my memories of my little boy and my heart just aching for him. Every time I am around people they just want to make me feel better and I don't want to. I want to be sad and cry and feel terrible. I know it won't make it any better and it surely won't bring him back to me but I'm just so tired in so many ways. This has been the longest and worst two weeks of my life. It seems as if this is never ending. This was my worst nightmare come true.

I know there is a purpose to all of this but Lord knows I just don't understand it all right now. Putting on foot in front of the other has become such a challenge. I guess this is where my favorite poem comes into play...Footprints in the Sand. It was then that I carried you. I don't know if this pain will ever subside but I know I will always hold him in my heart since I cannot hold him in my arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Tributes/Celebration of Life Footage


Here is a link to a video tribute that was made by Richard's dad in memory of George. Get out your tissues!


http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1360981185308&ref=mf



We Finally have footage from the service up and running:



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368692138077&ref=mf



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368733099101



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368770540037



http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1368789060500



It is in 4 sections running about 17 mins each. If you were unable to attend, you can now see what you missed. We were so blessed to have everyone there with us in person and in spirit!









Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle

Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle