George Charles Garman 09/09/09 to 01/29/10

January 29, 2010 our world was turned upside down when our 4 month old little boy earned his wings after a battle with Mitochondrial Disease and awoke in the Lords loving arms.

"Life can not be measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

George's Guardian's of Grace Projects

Stocking project is now in full force collecting donations. We have a list of the items we can use. You can also choose to sponsor a stocking in memory or honor of someone else. We will include a paragraph or two in the cards we place in the stockings to let the recipient know about the person that means so much to you. Our paypal account is posted on this page and ready to take donations. Email us for a list of items needed or with any questions or information you would like included on a sponsored stocking/donation.

Friday, February 12, 2010

February 12, 2009

Today seemed as if it was a day that would never end. There was just so much to do and a lot of running around for final things we need for the baby's service. By the end of the night I was surely maxed out physically and especially emotionally. I have a feeling that tomorrow is going to be much of the same.

I was up again with another panic attack around the same time that Hugh came running with the baby two weeks ago. It is going ot take time for these to go away. I keep reliving the day over and over again in my head. I've gotten some medication to help with them for the time being.

My mom and I went to Costco to order the sandwich trays. I took the picture of the baby with us so I could go to one of the stores to get a mat for it. That was a fiasco. Joann Fabrics was my first stop but they had no one who could help until 3pm. We shot over to AC Moore. Thankfully they had someone working but boy she was such a chatter box! Nice lady and knew her stuff. It took us forever because of sizing issues and of course the macine they use broke so she had to finish it by hand. I wanted the mat for people to sign instead of a guest book. I also got a teddy bear that people can sign when coming in the church and don't plan to stay tillt he service is over. After the service his picture will be moved downstairs so people can sign the matting. It tured out beautiful dispite the fact we had to wait an hour.

We headed home and I went to grab things that needed to go to the church. Hugh ran to get the boys lunch when I got a call from the local detective. He wants me to come in and give him a taped events by recolection of what happened that day and night. I just busted out into tears because that is the very immage that replays over and over in my head an him just saying it made it even worse! It will have to be next week sometime and I am not looking forward to it.

Hugh and I dropped the boys off at my mom's and headed to the church to set up. It all seemes so sureal at times. We put the monkeys all over the church and his picture up front. It looked perfect! Of course it made me miss him even more and I sat there and cried. Hugh had his moments too. We went down to the parish hall and started to cover he tables. At first I was afraid I wouldn't have enough but it worked out perfect and the hall looks awsome. His picture boards are up there and lots of decorations.

We went back to my mom's once we were done, and I think I just had enough. I felt so drained from all the on the go and emotional stuff that the day brang with it. I know tomorrow is going to be just as bad, if not worse but I will do it for my baby.

We had two instances with the boys today taht made it hard. Josh had lifted up my shirt and asked me if I had another one in there because he missed Georgie. He told me to go back to the hospital and I can stay there and the doctors can take the baby out and then he will vist me until I can come home. Michael had his moment when he looked at the picture of George and told me don't worry he will come back later. If only that were true and it was that simple. It has just been a very long and draining day. I know tomorrow will be more of the same so please just keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Tributes/Celebration of Life Footage


Here is a link to a video tribute that was made by Richard's dad in memory of George. Get out your tissues!


http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1360981185308&ref=mf



We Finally have footage from the service up and running:



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368692138077&ref=mf



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368733099101



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368770540037



http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1368789060500



It is in 4 sections running about 17 mins each. If you were unable to attend, you can now see what you missed. We were so blessed to have everyone there with us in person and in spirit!









Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle

Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle