George Charles Garman 09/09/09 to 01/29/10

January 29, 2010 our world was turned upside down when our 4 month old little boy earned his wings after a battle with Mitochondrial Disease and awoke in the Lords loving arms.

"Life can not be measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

George's Guardian's of Grace Projects

Stocking project is now in full force collecting donations. We have a list of the items we can use. You can also choose to sponsor a stocking in memory or honor of someone else. We will include a paragraph or two in the cards we place in the stockings to let the recipient know about the person that means so much to you. Our paypal account is posted on this page and ready to take donations. Email us for a list of items needed or with any questions or information you would like included on a sponsored stocking/donation.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Trying to Understand People

Ok, how in the world can someone be so insensitive with what has happened to our family. We just had some major drama with our neighbor across the street. We have always had tension between us because the wife is a difficult personality to deal with. You have to kiss her rear end or she doesn't like you. She thinks as if she owns the whole block and can do whatever she wants to do. I've been one of the few people who refuse to allow her to be a bully. She is just that, an adult bully.

We had a long night and just waited to get up and go take care of the snow figuring it wasn't going anywhere. Having lost George an the boys having their health issues we have learned to appreciate life and know that the snow stuff can wait and were spending time with the boys and working on funeral plans. Finally Hugh got up to finally go work on the snow. He went out and started to shovel our drive. We don't have a snow blower so I told him that he needed to be careful knowing the stress that he has been under and knowing he has heart stress and shoveling can cause those things to get worse.

He finally got to the end of the drive after shoveling. The husband came by and started to help Hugh with the end of the drive on his own valition. Hugh stood there with the shovel taking a break talking to him and thanked him. Well all she saw was him standing there while her husban was helping him out. She opened her windown and started telling him he was a deadbeat and needed to get a job. Her husband works all week an had been up since 7 am working on the snow. That was just the straw that broke his back and he just went off. After all the issues she has caused with us across the years that we have just let go an the passing of the baby he just went off. I think he called her every single name in the book.

I was in the house playing with the boys. Suddenly, I heard Hugh with a tone of voice I have never heard him use across the years I have known him. I went out in my pajamas with nothing on my feet but socks to try and calm him down. She kept screaming out her window and saying all sorts of horrible things. I yelled back at here, "can't you have any respect, we just lost our son?" She had the audacity to say, that isn't my problem, I don't care. That set Hugh off even more and I was trying to push this man back in the house before he totally lost it or had a heart attack. He is never like this and is the most understanding person and a huge teddy bear. I just kept telling him that she wasn't worth it and to get back in the house.

Finally I got him back in the house and calmed him down. I told him to go to my mom's with the little boys and that I would finish shoveling the driveway. As I sat there soveling, I could not believe that she could truly be like that. There are such horrible people in the world and that truly don't get it at all or just don't really care. They had a little boy and I just thought that they would understand. I just stood there in the snow sobbing over all that has transipired and how we didn't need this sort of thing right now. I had already had an issue with a friend of mine recently that hurt my feelings after hte baby passed, I just keep wondering WHY???

We are good people who only want the simple tings in life and work hard ot get that. Our lives have been complicated by some difficult circumstances and we have made the best of what we have been given. It was not Hugh's fault that the field he was in went in the toilet with the economy and the economy sucks right now and he can't find employment. God also didn't give him a job because he gave him the time with our son who he knew he was taking soon. I think she thinks I don't work either an we are people living on the system when that is by far not the case.

My brother came walking down the street as I sat there crying to help me out. His girlfriend followed shortly after and tried to get me to stop crying. I just kept saying, why doesn't she get it and can't she get past herself to understand. Down the street came my father with his shovel. God had sent me my own little army of family to console me as I stood there crying in pain and just utter disbeliefe over the whole thing. Finally Hugh came back home too. We were inside talking and I told him that we needed to go over there and try to be the bigger people. We needed to get this "fued" between us all rectified, well not us all just between his wife and us. We don't know what ever caused it other then I told them I could no longer watch their son when I was pregnant with Michael and it was last minute because I had started spotting again and was told to stop doing so much. I don't really know but no matter the fact I felt it had to be rectified.

I went over myeslf because Hugh just knew himself and felt he could not do that at this time. My father said he was not going to leave me alone and went with me. He is usually very diplomatic so I figured ok, I think we will finally get this whole thing resolved. I figured it couldn't get any worse and that it needed to be dealt with now rather then later. Boy was I wrong!!!

I knocked on the door and it took her forever to answer. I am sure she knew it was me. I began saying that I felt I needed to come over so we could resolve things so and try to be adult about it. She just started to tell me she was just defending her husband because he works all day and my husband couldn't even thank him. I told her she was wrong because I know my husband and he was greatful for the help and did tell him thank you. She started to get nasty with me and I kept trying to stay calm although it was so tough to do. She started to say that Hugh was lazy and I said to her that we had been planning funeral services and to please try to understand we just lost our son. She turned aorund an said to me that she was sorry about our son but it was nto her problem and she really didn't care. If God was not there with me I know I would have gone off but I was not going to let her get the best of me.

With that, my dad lost it!!! My dad, the man who never says anything. Then she stared to say Hugh was not a very Christian person after calling her the names he did and that he was just a looser who couldn't defend himself. My dad went bolistic and said that he didn't know anything about the bible but that even the bible has cuss words it and by her actions she obviously doesn't know what the bible says either and she needed to read it herself. I was just so floored by it all. Hugh took everyting he had to try and come over and resolve it but she turned around and started getting nasty with him and called him a deadbeat!

I asked them to all please calm down and if I could just come in and talk like adults. She said she wanted nothing to do with me and that we needed to get off her property. I pleaded with her to please talk to me as an adult to an adult without to get this all resovled and she just wouldn't. Her husband stood there behind her with his eyes to the floor, knowing he felt horrible for what was transpiring but not willing to say a thing. He did admit the fact that Hugh did thank him and then she turned and said oh well, I appologize for that but that she didn't care and that she was no longer dealing with this and slammed the door in my face. What a holy nightmare! I sat there in utter disbelief as I walked away with my dad. I was so proud of him and thankful for him and just told Hugh he was not a looser and he was the best man in the world.

She had gotten into this whole thing about how her house is immaculate an our yard is always a mess. Little does she know that our lives are just not privy to that sort of thing. Our kids are still young and life is to short to continually worry about the house being clean or the yard being immaculate. I sat there praying for her and feeling sorry for the terrible person that she was. She doesn ot realize that I work an Hugh that kids can't tollerate being outside half of the year due to temp regulation issues. We can't leave them alone so what does she expect...we have learned first hand that life is too short.

I was just baffled by the whole thing and how someone could be so heartless. It saddens me so much. I have never been one to tell the kids that they cannot assosicate with anyone even if we don't get along with them but in this instance I have asked Richard to please not associate with them. I just don't need her doing something like that to him or the boys just be boys and do something because we just don't need that sort of stress in our already stressful life we lead. We actually got rid of our dog over an incident with her this past summer to avoid these problems with her. She is just an adult bully an unfortunately, I cannot control the way she is. All I can do is pray for her and the sad life that she leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Tributes/Celebration of Life Footage


Here is a link to a video tribute that was made by Richard's dad in memory of George. Get out your tissues!


http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1360981185308&ref=mf



We Finally have footage from the service up and running:



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368692138077&ref=mf



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368733099101



http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1368770540037



http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1368789060500



It is in 4 sections running about 17 mins each. If you were unable to attend, you can now see what you missed. We were so blessed to have everyone there with us in person and in spirit!









Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle

Me With My Prince Charming In Front of the Castle